Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm So Excited
and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control
and I think I like it
I'm so excited
and I just can't hide it
And I know I know I know I know I know
I want one*

This is the day the BasketCases have been looking forward to all season!!! We are Soooo Excited! What, you ask, is sending the BasketCases into a frenzy of anticipation?

Could it possibly be seeing the Mystics extend their 3-game winning streak? NO.

Could it be that the Sparks are coming to town, with former Mystics Mique, Murriel and Temeka facing off against current Mystics (and former Sparks) DeLisha, Tot and Nikki T? NO.

Could it be that the triple digit heat has destroyed even more of the BasketCases' (already scarce) brain cells? NO.

It's none of those things!!!! It's because TONIGHT IS SHEILA JOHNSON BOBBLEHEAD NIGHT!!!!! Wow. . . how special is that?!!!! Just try to name one other owner of a WNBA team who's handed out bobbleheads of him/herself to the fans? You can't name a single one . . . that's because this is UNPRECEDENTED!!!

So don't miss this once in a (WNBA) lifetime opportunity (7 PM at Verizon Center) --- arrive early --- the BasketCases expect demand to be great!

*apologies to the Pointer Sisters

3 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to the pre-game reception? I assume we'll be able to get our Sheila Johnson bobblehead/figurine/doll thingy on the way in to the reception? I bought the reception ticket and want to go, but I don't want to not get my bobblehead!

Oh yeah, and then there's a game after . . .

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger BasketCases said...

The BasketCases also have tickets to the pre-game reception, but we will not do anything to jeopardize getting an official Sheila Johnson Bobblehead! We intend to enter the arena at 6pm, snag the doll, then head for the reception!

BC

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan! I'll see you there. I'd love to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home